Sunday, September 11, 2016
The Color Box: Grey
The Color Box fan group voted for grey this quarter and here they are!
Just in case you haven't yet been introduced to The Color Box, there's a really good description here. :)
I teamed up with Carrie from Contrary Polish to create a beautiful Rock Dove inspired polish. The base is pale grey sprinkled with purple to green shifting shimmer, linear holographic pigment and black microflakes. It's name is Fly Free and is symbolic of learning to let go of our loved ones when they move on from this earth. Carrie was brilliant at capturing my vision in the bottle, it's perfect. The formula is smooth and opaque in two coats. The surface is smooth and glassy, but I did use top coat for a quicker dry time. Because of the pale base, it is quite difficult to capture the shimmer and holo but it is apparent in person.
Jenalyn teamed up with Julie of Blue Eyed Girl to create Squall at St. George, a blue leaning grey holo packed with coppery shimmer. I wore two coats out of habit but this is a one coater. It dries semi-matte, so add your favorite topcoat for a shinier look. The formula was good, no issues to report.
Amanda and Lollipop Posse made Glittery Gray Matter together! It's a pale grey sparkle bomb of a polish! Because of the light colored base, it was difficult to capture the sparkle in my super bright lighting setup; but in person it'll knock you off your feet. The polish is sheer, so I used three coats for opacity. Formula was smooth and easy to apply.
Scarlet Dusk was the collaboration between Roselynn and Poetry Cowgirl. It's a medium toned crelly packed with red, burgundy and black micro-glitter. I found the formula to be fluid in application and opaque in two coats. On it's own, it is slightly textured so I added an extra coat of top coat for a glassy shine.
Manna and Polish M teamed up to create this medium grey based polish filled with UCC flakies, shifting shimmers and scattered holo pigment. The formula was fluid and easy to apply. I wore two coats for opacity.
The Color Box launch is a one time pre-order event from September 19-September 26th at our Color Box shop. Mark your calendar as the box will only be for sale during the mentioned time frame and / or try your luck at the giveaway below!
1. Open to countries outside the US.
2. No giveaway accounts, spam, or empty accounts.
3. You must be 18 years or older.
4. You will have 48 hours to respond to the email from Manna to claim your prize. After 48 hours another winner will be chosen.
5. I nor the polish brands hold any responsibility for the package or it's delivery once the package is out of their hands.
6. The only required entry is a valid email address that you have access to check. This is only required so that we have a method of contact to reach you. All other entries are optional.
7. If you are already following someone, be sure to still put your info. That's basically a free entry!
8. The Giveaway time frame is August 29th through 11:59 pm EDT September 12th.
a Rafflecopter giveaway